We went to see my dad this morning and the doctors were in front of his room. They were discussing my dad's status and as soon as they were done Dr. McNutt spoke to us. She said that his infection has not gone down, he has had it for 8 days. She said that they looked at his rectum to see if that was source of infection it was not. She said that my dad could have a dead bowel. She suspects that because his acid levels are very high which should not be the case since he is on dialysis and also because he's on the medicine again to keep his heart pumping with oxygen and his lungs that oxygen is not reaching the rest of his body as it should and that sometimes causes a dead bowel. Normally she said they would operate on my dad to remove the dead bowel but he is so critical and his bowel are pretty much rock hard from them operating on his stomach so much that is out of the question. She said its getting to that point where the medicines are doing more harm then good for his body and this infection is in his blood and its making it more difficult for his blood pressure to stabilize. They are going to try more stuff today and consult with the renal doctors to see a different way they can remove toxins from his blood through dialysis but they have nothing else. No other options they are running out of options. They are going to sustain him for 24 hours and see what happens but after that, thats it. This is it, if my dad doesn't turn around somehow in these 24 hours they have nothing left for him. As I said before the medicine is starting to do more harm then good. If he does have a dead bowel it will just cause more of an infection and they cannot do anything about it because of his critical situation. They are going to pull more cultures and see if they can do a broad spectrum of antibiotics to see if that helps but they are going to see what they can do today. Dr. McNutt pretty much told us to let people know and whoever wants to see my dad this is it. We are working on contacting our family soon to tell them. I know he has been here before and all I can do is hope he pulls out of this. This time though he has an infection that will not stop. He has high ammonia levels and his Ph balance is too acidic and they tried to neutralize it but it didn't work. We told dad we loved him and they are trying every thing they can to keep him alive but that he needed to help too. He needs to show them his strength once again that he is a fighter. Prove those doctors wrong again dad because all I can do is hope for the best. I don't know what will happen today or tomorrow but I know I will be here for my dad as much as I can and let him know that I love him. I love him and that he was the best father ever. He spoils me, loves me, lectures me and is proud of me. I am too. I am so proud of him he has shown so much strength during this time. He has the spirit of a young healthy man and all he needs is to show those doctors that. I will update you more today as we hear more news. Thanks so much for your prayers and thoughts.

9 comments:

We will be praying really hard today and I'm sorry that we haven't been able to go see him. We've been praying for him everyday.
Love, Victor&Linda

Anonymous said...
December 19, 2009 at 11:05 AM  

we're praying for you and asking God to send your dad and you guys strength and hope! keep having faith in God, your dad, and the doctors. miracles do happen!

love you!
gwendolyn and jay

rubytuesday73 said...
December 19, 2009 at 11:19 AM  

I will be praying with all I have and know that this is terrible. My husband died 18 years ago and all you can do is give him all the love you have and he will know you are there I promise.

Kay Dunaway
Elma's boss

Anonymous said...
December 19, 2009 at 12:37 PM  

Glorious St. Benedict, who taught us the way to religious perfection by the practice of self-conquest, mortifidation, humility, obedience, prayer, silence, retirement, and detachment from the world, I kneel at your feet and humbly be you to take my present need under your special protection: Please heal the wounds of Mr. Roel Villarreal, and let him miraculously recover. Vouchsafe to recommend it to the Blessed Virgin Mary, and lay it before the throne of Jesus. Cease not to intercede for me until my request is granted. Above all, obtain for us the grace to meet God face to face, and with You and Mary and all the angels and saints to praise Him through all eternity. O most powerful Saint Benedict, do not let me lose my soul, but obtain for me the grace of winning my way to heaven, there to worship and enjoy the most Holy and Adorable Trinity forever and ever. Amen Pray one Our Father, Hail Mary, and Glory Be

Anonymous said...
December 19, 2009 at 1:32 PM  

PRAYER IN HONOR OF THE SACRED WOUNDS OF JESUS CHRIST
1. SIGN OF THE CROSS.(STATE YOUR PETITION HERE)
2. THE APOSLES CREED
3. OUR FATHER
4. 3 HAIL MARYS
5. ETERNAL FATHER, I OFFER THEE THE WOUNDS OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST TO HEAL THE WOUNDS OF OUR SOULS.(TO BE PRAYED ON THE LARGE BEADS).
6. MY JESUS, PARDON AND MERCY THROUGH THE MERITS OF THY SACRED WOUNDS.
7. PRAY HAIL, HOLY QUEEN
8. O MY JESUS, FORGIVE US OUR SINS, SAVE US FROM THE FIRES OF HELL: LEAD ALL SOULS TO HEAVEN , ESPECIALLY THOSE IN MOST NEED OF THY MERCY. AMEN
9. GLORY BE TO THE FATHER, AND TO THE SON AND TO THE HOLY SPIRIT. AS IT WAS IN THE BEGINNING IS NOW AND EVER SHALL BE, WORLD WITHOUT END. AMEN
10. JESUS I TRUST IN YOU

Anonymous said...
December 19, 2009 at 1:56 PM  

ROSARY OF LIBERATION
1. SIGN OF THE CROSS (STATE YOUR PETITION HERE)
2. APOSTLES CREED
3. ON THE LARGE BEADS:
IF JESUS SETS _____ FREE.
________ WILL BE FREE INDEED.
( STATE THE NAME OF THE PERSON THE PRAYER IS INTENDED FOR)
4. ON THE SMALL BEADS PRAY:
JESUS HAVE MERCY ON ______.
JESUS HEAL ________ .
JESUS SAVE _________.
JESUS FREE __________.
5. AFTER THE DECADES HAVE BEEN PRAYED, HAIL HOLY
6. OUR FATHER
7. 3 HAIL MARYS
8. OUR FATHER
9. GLORY BE
10. SIGN OF THE CROSS
JESUS I TRUST IN YOU

Anonymous said...
December 19, 2009 at 2:06 PM  

I just want to say that I love my tio and pray that God will give us a miracle. I send my deepest love and thoughts to you, Delena and Tia Diana, and to everyone who loves and cares for Tio. May God bless you and keep you in His loving care.

Love,
Alice

Alice Villarreal said...
December 19, 2009 at 7:45 PM  

Diana & Delena, and family....
Please know that our prayers are with you and Roel for God's healing hand to let him pull through.
To Him be the Glory!

Anonymous said...
December 19, 2009 at 11:29 PM  

Dear Heavenly Father, With heavy hearts we come to You. You are Almighty Creator God; holy and full of grace and love. Our hearts are heavy because of the life of Roel that is leaving us. Death engulfs us Lord. Fear is waiting to take us down. But our faith will keep us going.

Thank You Father, that because of Jesus, You know our pain and sorrow intimately. Thank You that Jesus knows the way through this dark shadow. Take the hand of our dear brother Roel and make Yourself known to him.

Guard our hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. Keep that which is Your own and take it into eternity to be with You. In Jesus, death is but a shadow. Jesus has swallowed up its sorrows and pain. Thank You Jesus for the cross. Thank You Jesus for the blood. Thank You Jesus for the resurrection.

Lord, we are before You, confessing that You are Lord of all; the gate keeper to eternal life. Your grace and love abound even as our sin seems ever increasing.

Take our hands Lord and lead us through. We lay our fears at your feet. Your promise is that You -- and You alone -- will come to take us home.

As it says in Psalm 23:4: “Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.”

Sam Gonzalez Jr
Kingsville, TX

Unknown said...
December 20, 2009 at 12:56 AM  

Post a Comment