Eyes wide open

While I was at work this morning (work is being very understanding so I am part time temporarily), my mom went to see my dad and she said he opened his eyes! She asked if he could move his eyes or move his hands if he understood her and he tried with all his might and was able to move his eyebrows up and down. Yup the old Mr. V eyebrows, where we would joke his were getting to be like Fergie's dad (not singer Fergie but Duchess Sarah Fergusen) but yeah they moved up and down to tell my mom "Hey I am still here and I am not going anywhere." We still have a couple of battles to overcome. His eyes and skin are turning yellow so they think he has hepatitis and he has an infection in his lungs still. So as soon as the doctors figure out what is causing the yellowing and his infection they will treat it. Then when its finally treated they will look into his broken bones. I am so glad he opened his eyes this morning. Right now he is sleeping my mom said and he is yawning big yawns. I don't blame my dad it probably took a lot out of him just to open his eyes. Well he is heading in the right direction. Thank you guys so much for your prayers and concerns. I am sure Mr. V knows in his heart there are a lot of people who love him and thats why he is tough and fighting this every step of the way.


Update:
Dr. Red Duke was here! If you dont know who that is click on his name and you will be directed to website about him. But I cannot wait to tell my dad this because he used to have a medical news spot on the local station in Corpus Christi on Channel 3. I saw him talking with a family member about a patient and I heard him and thought hey I know that voice. I almost wanted to ask for his autograph but I didn't. The front desk was stunned because they said he rarely comes out and talks to patients or their families. Wow he is like House, MD. the man behind the curtain. My mom walked by him and she confirmed it was him! Sorry dorky but it excited me that we have celebrity doctors at an awesome hospital

5 comments:

that's AWESOME news Del!

Rauralee said...
November 19, 2009 at 3:31 PM  

Wonderful news! Thanks for keeping us posted. We'll continue the prayers for Uncle Roel and your family.

Love,
Stella

atxaggie said...
November 19, 2009 at 3:33 PM  

We lit a candle for him on Sunday and are praying for his recovery. We are also asking God to give you and your Mom the strength that you need right now. Today was the first day that I was able to read all the updates. We love you guys. Give your Mom a tight hug for us.
Linda and Victor

Anonymous said...
November 19, 2009 at 4:20 PM  

WooHOO!! Eyes opened!!!! WooHOO!! Isn't that incredible that someone opening their eyes was something to celebrate?!!! In this case it's worth celebrating and Praising God for his miraculous blessings! I am so happy! Del, as you said before, baby steps! Such wonderful news!! Will continue storming the heavens with prayer! Love ya'll!!

Gloria Garza said...
November 20, 2009 at 9:28 AM  

Delena,
I am so impressed how you and your mom are handling all this. You are so strong for your father.

Love and prayers,
kathy

Kathy Villarreal said...
November 20, 2009 at 10:04 AM  

Post a Comment