Well I know its a good sign when my dad keeps trying to talk but no sound keeps coming out. It's like playing charades or password with him. We are terrible at this game. The nurses say he is responding more to their commands, so my dad understands us. We just don't understand him, ugh I need to hire a lip reader. Well he has been doing well today. The trauma nurses and doctors are working hard to fix Mr. V again. One of the nurses who tended to my dad stopped my mom this morning and said he was glad my dad was doing better and that he checks on him everyday even when he is not assigned to him to make sure my dad was doing well. Nurse Jennifer II and Jennifer IV said he has been charming and flirty shhhhhhhhh don't tell my mom. That's the Mr. V we know and love. He has had no complications today and believe me this makes our day. I keep reminding my dad all the time, we love him, we all love him and want him to get better.

4 comments:

Praise the Lord! We are continuing to pray for all of you and the doctors!

April said...
November 22, 2009 at 6:34 PM  

Such great news!!!! Thank you, Jesus! Del, you are doing a great job of keeping EVERYONE informed. PS I am going through pictures. Do you prefer me to e-mail you some, or share them via Facebook?

Anonymous said...
November 22, 2009 at 10:48 PM  

Sorry, Del. I didn't mean to post that previous comment as Anonymous....it would help you to know who was asking "the question".

Unknown said...
November 22, 2009 at 10:49 PM  

Hi Delena I finally figured out how to comment. You know how it is with this old folkie. Anyway, tell your Mom hello and thanks for keeping us posted. Thanks for your sense of humor. Tell your Dad Rey and I have him in our prayers as well as the rest of the family. Later! Julia

Julia Najera said...
November 23, 2009 at 2:04 PM  

Post a Comment